2022 Pro Truck Rules
*Speedway Officials shall be empowered to permit minor deviations from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from such altercation of specifications.
* Speedway reserves the right to update, modify, and/or delete rules at any time deemed necessary to ensure safety, fair competition or any other reason that may be appropriate.
*The word STOCK used within this set of rules means as originally produced by the manufacturer for that make/model/year of car with no altering or modifications. Stock replacement parts ok but must be same dimensions, weight, and/or volume as OEM the part. Determination of whether an aftermarket part is legal will be the tech inspector’s decision.
NO CARBON FIBER, TUNGSTON OR TITANIUM PERMITTED ANYWHERE ON CAR. NO BUMP STOPS, COIL BINDING, BUMP SPRINGS OR CHASSIS LIMITERS (up or down).
NO TRACTION CONTROL DEVICE(S) OF ANY KIND.
602 with Factory or Series Seals 2850 lb. with 57% left side.
603, M6007S347JR and any unsealed Crate motors 2950 lb. with 57% left side. Fake/ aftermarket seals 3000lb. ***These weights can be adjusted at the tracks discretion to equalize the competition, with verbal then written notice***
Engines: Vacuum Rules (Each truck must have a vacuum port and fitting to check)
GM 602 Holley 650HP 4150-80541 allowed but totally by the GM manual with a Maximum 9.6:1 compression. GM 603 with Holley 500 CFM old style 4412 only but must follow Gm Manual unless listed below.
603 OPTIONS ONLY:
Carburetor I Air Cleaner:
1. Carburetor- Unaltered Holley old style 4412, 500 CFM gauge legal with a maximum 1.065
spacer/adapter between intake and carburetor and choke horn may be removed.
2. 602 Crate can run a Holley 650 HP 4150-80541 gauge legal four barrel. No alterations or
modifications, with amaximum 1.065 spacer/seal between intake and carburetor.
3. A round un-altered air cleaner element with a maximum diameter of fourteen (14) inches with a
maximum height of four (4) inches is required. All air must be filtered thru this filter or through
the use of a Cold air box on the top of the carburetor that encases the air filter. No ram air will
4. Hoods to remain stock with the following opening of 2.5” x 20″ cut in the rear of the hood and
centered behind air filter and a 1.5” x 1.5″ X 20” heat deflector may be installed on the fire wall
at this opening.
I. Sunoco IIO or equivalent, no fuel additives, ethanol or E85 will be permitted. Track Officials
reserves the right to test the fuel at any time. Fuel pump- stock mounted mechanical pump only.
2. The fuel cell must be a magnetic steel container made from no less than 22-gauge magnetic steel.
3. The use of ice, wet or dry, for the purpose of cooling the engine, air cleaner, or fuel system
is not allowed.
4. Maximum fuel cell capacity is 22 gallons and must maintain a minimum ground clearance
of8-inches. 5.OBERG Fuel Valve # SV-0828 or SRI # FFF-FSV Mandatory near cell and after filter.
1. Stock type water pump, no electric with Recommended to have overflow hose mounted to right
corner of windshield.
2. Water wetter ok, no anti-freeze may be used.
1. Steel headers optional with a maximum diameter of 3” collectors and 3” exhaust pipes the rest of
the way out.
2. All exhaust system must exit past the driver’s compartment. The minimum exhaust system ground
clearance is 3 inches.
1. Must be centered between frame rails, 1” tolerance.
2. Crankshaft height is 12” from center of the crank to the ground. Engine placement is measured
from the spark plug (closet to the radiator) centerline to an imaginary line projected between the
left and right upper a-arm ball joint as follows;
A. All Chevrolets: 4 inches on the driver’s side forward of the ball joint.
B. Fords 1.75 inches on passenger side forward of ball joint.
1. Mandatory Crane Cams, FAST Ignition part # 6000-6701 or JMS – Daytona Sensors’ part # 6000-6701K
only as produced. Mounted on right side of truck dials pointed out the passenger side on original
plate. The nag positive & negative shall be a maximum length of 62 inches. Must remain uncut or
spliced and on top of dash in clear view.
2. Only one box will be permitted must be mounted on right side.
3. All wires must be exposed and in plain view and easily traced by tech officials.
4. Maximum RPM’s will be Crates 6300 and Built 7000.
5. Single Battery 12-volt system only and battery disconnect switch is mandatory and accessible to
the safety crew and driver.
1. Only GM Turbo 350 and Ford C4 or C6 automatic transmissions allowed with following exceptions.
No drilling or lightening on the transmission or interior parts except the following items for
oiling purposes. Front Planetary Reaction Gear per spec — see tech for spec sheet. Sun shell cover
(must be a solid stock type) may be drilled at back per spec — see tech for spec sheet.
2. Must have all forward and reverse gears working. No modifications.
3. GM Turbo 350 may use 2.75 low gear — 1.57 second gear option and with no turbo 200/250 parts
used in 350 transmissions.
4. No aluminum or billet parts allowed in transmission.
5. Torque convertor must be minimum diameter of 10” and working.
6. Transmission coolers with fans allowed and all cooling lines must be steel braided with screw on
7. Safety Bell Housing and/or flex plate shield ok.
8. Solid output shafts only, no gun drilled or hollowed shafts allowed.
9. JW Transmissions, TCI Transmissions or others allowed as long as they meet these rules.
10. Standard steel or aluminum 3-speed or 4-speed OEM or OEM style synchronized manual
transmissions must have helical gears only. No straight- cut gears, magnesium or gun-drilled main
shafts permitted. Two lever shifter or H-pattern shifter only. No Rankin type or cluster-disconnect
transmissions or 2-speed transmission will be permitted.
11. No internal clutch-r/pe transmissions allowed and must have external clutch, pressure plate,
and flywheel assembly.
12. Transmission must have all forward gears and one (1) working reverse gear.
13. No overdrive or under driven transmissions permitted. High gear must be 1 to 1 and no other
gear may have a ratio higher than 1.20 to 1.
Clutch I Flywheel I Drive Shaft:
1. Standard OEM or OEM-type and size clutch, steel pressure plate, steel flywheel, and throw-out
2. No Light Weight Parts: 10,000 RPM etc. Stock Clutch minimum 10″ Solid hub clutch only and must
have pad or fuII CircIe.
3. Clutches must be positive engagement design. Slider or slipper clutch designs are not permitted.
No carbon fiber clutches.
4. Fly wheel must weigh minimum of 14 pounds.
5. Standard transmission must use shatter proof bell housing with 2” hole in bell housing for
6. Only Steel driveshaft and must be painted white with truck number on it with 2 drive-shaft
safety loops mandatory.
1. Only GM Metric frame 1978-1987 may be used with a 6” minimum ride height on chassis. Frame can
be X” d.
2. OEM GM metric frame only may be used 1978-1987 Chevrolet Malibu, Monte Carlo or Unaltered
replacement Johnson Chassis #JCI-09-IB (“XYZ” or Johnson clip and/or chassis must be raced as
manufactured by Johnson Chassis, any modifications will be deemed illegal per their Watchdog
Inspection Tools. Frames must retain original 108-inch wheelbase. Maximum allowable difference from
side to side is 1/2 inch.
3. Maximum Tread Width 63″ front and rear (62″ using Referee).
4. Chassis must remain stock unless otherwise specifically noted in rules.
5. Frame may be fabricated from 6″ forward of the centerline of the rear axle and from front sway
6. Cross member must remain stock and in stock location, it may be notched for oil pan clearance
only and must be boxed with 1/8-inch steel. If yours had been cut you must add square tube metal to
make it same height, width and depth as a stock one.
7. All pick up points must remain stock in stock locations. Front Lower arms and rear trailing
arms. No modifications to arms, holes, no drilling and lightening allowed.
Front Suspension / Steering:
1. Front suspension components must remain stock in stock location, unless otherwise noted in
2. All pick up points must remain stock in stock locations. Front lower control arms may not have
any modifications (holes, lightening).
3. Heavy-dur/ steel or aluminum aftermarket hubs & rotors are required on the right front wheel.
4. Springs must mount in stock location. Top of frame may be changed to add wedge bolts or to allow
for spring removal.
5. Shocks must be mounted directly to the lower A-arm.
6. Pitman arm and steering arm may be changed but remain stock length for make and model.
Aftermarket center link is permitted.
7. Stock inner tie rod with steel heim-type tie rod ends on the outers will be permitted.
8. Upper and Lower ball joints may be any bolt on or screw in type ball joints. No relocating of
lower ball joints allowed.
9. A maximum of one 360-degree spring rubber allowed on front or rear springs. Coil-spring rubber
inserts are permitted, no leaf springs or torsion bars permitted.
10.Steel, poly or mono-ball bushings ok, no offset or eccentric bushings. 11.Sway bar must be
1-piece stock 1 3/8” maximum diameter.
12.Stock OEM steering box, may change ratio (updated 5-21-19) in stock location.
13.Spindles or Part #91034501 3-Piece IMCA 1979-Up GM Metric Midsize Spindle, bearings and hubs,
Stock HD aftermarket hubs and rotors are allowed. Spindle savers are recommended. Steering arms
must be same length on right and left.
Rear Suspension / Rear-End:
1. Rear differential housing must be stock steel 7.5” — 10 bolt GM or 9” Ford housing. All rear-end
parts must be steel and a 1” inspection hole in cover is recommended.
2. OEM stock rear trailing arms only and must mount in original holes in frame. No cambered rear
ends permitted. Distance between the centers of the bolts on the upper arms should be no less than
10 V4 “. The upper trailing arms may be redrilled on rear-end side only to adjust pinion angle and
washer welded back. Must use stock OEM factory control arms, bushings at both the front and rear of
the trailing arms must be original rubber or polyurethane.
3. Rear spring perch must remain on the top of the axle tube. Rear springs must mount on top of
axle tube and must be standard 5” diameter rear springs. Shocks mount in stock location and must be
the same distance in from rotors on each side.
4. Ring gear and pinion must be stock and mount directly in housing.
5. Only stock ring and pinion, off the shelf available gears allowed. No custom ground or lightened
gears allowed. GM 273- 456 gears, Ford 9inch may use 300 and above gears, non-lightened, non-back
cut, non-polished gears. Welded spider gears, mini spool or any spool must weigh 6.1 pounds or more
with stock steel/cast carrier will only be allowed.
6. Only solid steel axles will be allowed.
7. No rear Pan-hard or sway bars.
1. Only 1 steel body non-adjustable shock per wheel permitted. Adjustable shafts, base valves and
canisters are not permitted.
2. Shocks may have Schrader Valves and internal parts must remain as purchased with a Maximum cost
of $250.00 per shock.
3. Internal rebuild parts must remain as purchased in that shock not to exceed the retail value.
Shocks can be claimed for
$200.00 each by track or competitor. Refusal will be a DQ, loss of money, points and a $200.00
4. No bump stops, coil binding, bump springs or chassis limiters (up or down).
1. (See Diagram) Approved Truck body Manufacturers are: AR Bodies, Lightning Light and Five-Star.
May make own aluminum body pieces, NO carbon fiber and must be approved by Track, and fit
2. Only approved bodies are: 1997 —2009 Chevy C-10/C1500 Silverado, 1997 —2009 Ford F150, 1997
—2009 Dodge Ram, 2004-2009 Toyota.
3.Body must be centered of the frame with wheels in center of wheel wells with 2” tolerance. All
body parts must be attached firmly to cage or frame and is subject to approval. Body ground
clearance is a minimum of 4 inches measured anywhere.
4. All body support brackets must be solid and located inside the body structure.
5. Nose Width is 81” maximum. Front air dams must maintain their original configuration with a
maximum of (4) four splitter supports.
6. Maximum rake for roof is 1”. Front windshield braces are mandatory. Windshield angle must be 35
degrees + or – 1 degree.
7. Minimum side window opening must be at least 16″ and may have 1/8” Lexan vents only, 9” high,
12″ length max
8. Front and Rear windows must be full 1/8” Lexan.
9. Hoods to remain stock with the following opening of 2.5” x 20” cut in the rear of the hood and
centered behind air filter and a 1.5” x 1.5” X 20” heat deflector may be installed on the fire wall
at this opening.
10. Fiberglass, sheet metal or aluminum rear deck lids flush with quarter panels are mandatory must
be able to open for technical inspections.
11. No Lexan or metal air deflectors on rear deck or attached to rear down bars.
12. 6” x 60” clear solid rear spoiled is mandatory with a 55 Degree Minimum angle with approved
braces on back side.
13. 13.Unmodified Stock rear bumper cover is mandatory and must be complete.
14. Rear deck height maximum is 40 inches.
15. No tape allowed on truck unless approved for damage.
1. Vehicle interior must be complete and shield driver from the ground, engine compartment and fuel
2. Driver’s floor must be steel; the rest of the compartment can be from steel or aluminum but must
be fully enclosed and extend from left to right side of truck.
3. Truck must have a rear firewall to separate driver from fuel tank. Firewall may be welded,
riveted or bolted.
4. May have installed digital dash panels.
1. Four-wheel disc brakes must be in full working condition with any OEM appearing single piston
2. Only cast iron or steel rotors allowed.
Tires and Wheels:
1. Track approved tires only. No soaking or altering of tire in any manor allowed. Drivers soaking
or altering tires will forfeit all purse and points for the event and all track points for the
year. Driver must also pay a $1,000 fine prior to being allowed to compete at Speedway. Any illegal
tire, in the judgment of Speedway Officials, will be confiscated.
2. 8” steel racing wheels with any offset and no wheel weights or bleeders allowed. Any safety hub
with 5/8″ wheel studs only.
Driver Safety Rules:
1. You must have proper rated 2010 or newer Snell approved helmet.
2. A r/pe of head and neck restraint is mandatory.
3. Complete SFI or FIA RATED fire-suit, gloves, and shoes are mandatory in good condition.
4. Driver’s window net SFI or FIA RATED must have quick release, with latch at top left and be no
older than 5 years old.
5. Commercially made aluminum racing seats with rubber pads mandatory.
6. Safety SFI or FIA RATED Harness 5-point minimum must be no older than 5 years old.
7. Proper resilient padding for roll bar use must be installed on roll cage around driver. Steering
Wheel must be padded.
8. Fully Charged fire extinguisher mandatory and On-Board fire system is highly recommended.
Truck Safety Rules:
1. Roll cages must be built of 1 /4“.095 thickness tubing minimum.
2. Cages must be attached properly in at least 8 spots on the chassis.
3. Minimum of 4 door bars on the left side, plated with 1/8-inch steel.
4. All roll bars around driver must be padded.
5. Additional weight may be added in block form of no less than 5-pound blocks (no pellets).
Dislodged weight cannot be returned to car for weighing after race. All added weight must be
painted white with truck number painted in red or black and securely mounted. Any lost weight will
result in a $10 per pound fine to the driver. No lead weights will be allowed inside the driver
1. You must be in top 10 and on lead lap to protest and be filed within 10 minutes of checker flag
and must be specific. 2.Must be made in writing specifying the rule(s) considered to have been
3. All protest fees must be paid in cash. P&G, Carburetor inspection $75, Whistler check $150 Track
retains $50; Top end tear down $800, Track retains $150. Scope check of the crank area $150 Track
retains $50. Complete Motor Tear down $1,000, Track retains $300.
4. Only the protested truck’s owner or driver plus Mo crew members, the protesting driver or owner
who competed in the race, 1 crew member and Track officials in the tech area for the protest tech.
Procedure or the specific rule they are protesting.
5. Visual protests are to be honored any time before the race and does not have to be in written
form but need to be brought to tech or Track official. The infraction must be either corrected or
tech may use a weight penalty for that race if not able to fix that day. Amount of weight is at the
Tech Official’s discretion.
6. Excessive or spite protesting will not be tolerated and can result in disqualification, loss of
points and possible disqualification.
7. Do not remove or alter any casting or Truck part numbers.
8. Tech reserves the right to check any truck in the field at any time, in any finishing order if
he chooses to. They must conform to rules, or face disqualification. Protest or tech tear down
refusal: (includes engine, drive train etc.)
9. Any truck owner/driver refusing any protest or tear down for any reason will lose all money,
points, awards, trophies earned for that race date.
10. The next race that truck will be inspected after race regardless of where it finishes.
In the event of disqualification, the driver will not receive any money or points for that race and
must start last at next race. Please be sure you have read and understand all these rules, if you
do not please be sure to ask a Track Official for clarification. Not understanding the rules is not
an excuse to break them. The word stock, used within the rules, means as originally produced by the
manufacturer for that make/model/ and/or year of the truck. It is stock with no altering or
modifications. Aftermarket parts must be same dimensions, weight, and/or volume as the OEM part.
Determination of whether anything is legal will be the tech and Track Officials decision. No Carbon
Fiber or Titanium permitted anywhere in the truck. No Traction control devices of any kind allowed.
If it does not say you can do it, you probably can’t.
Talk to the Tech Inspector if you have any questions. Do not assume anything. These weights can be
adjusted at the Tech Inspector and Series Management’s discretion to equalize the competition, with
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER:
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of
racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall
govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are
deemed to have complied with these rules. No express or implied warranty of safety shall result
from the publication of or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. They are intended
entirely as a guide for the conduct of the sport and in no way guarantee against injury or death to
any participant, spectator or official. The Tech Inspector shall be empowered to permit reasonable
and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions
that in their opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied
warranty of safety shall result from such alterations or deviations. Any Interpretation or
deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials and is final and binding. On
occasion when situations arise that are not covered by written rules herein, special rulings may be
put into effect by the track officials. Once such rulings are acted upon, they may become an act of
policy and will be added to the existing rules of procedures.