Bristol Family Charity Race Weekend
Gates Open: Sat 5 p.m. / Sunday noon
Start Time: Sat 7 p.m. / Sunday 2:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday Jan 11th & 12th
Bristol Family Charity Race Weekend
Two days of racing to benefit C.A.R.S. Racin’ for a Dream Inc.
Helping children & their families who are facing serious illnesses
Saturday Night – Qualifying Pro-Trucks, Modified Mini 40, Pure Stock 40
DAARA Antiques, Legends 20 Laps, Scrambler / 4 Cyl Open 30
Sunday – Pro-Trucks 114 Laps, Legends 25, Bombers 40 !
On track Autograph session 1 p.m.
Seniors 55+: $13
6-12: Kids 5-12 $5
Modified Mini-stock Rules
2019 MODIFIED MINI STOCK RULES
If these rules do not say you can do it then don’t do it! Be sure to check the general rules. All interpretations by the track are final. You are responsible to know the track’s position on all rules. IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE!
1. Cars must weigh a minimum of 1 lb. per c.c. Weight for overbore will not be added.
2000 engine =2000 lbs. 2.2 engine = 2200 lbs. 2300 engine = 2300 lbs.
2. 55% Maximum left side weight with driver, after race (Zero tolerance).
3. Front Wheel Drive Cars may not have more than 58% front weight after race (Zero Tolerance).
4. No trucks or Vans.
5. Cars with stock floor pan, stock firewall, rear kick panel’s and K members being stock will get a 100-pound weight break.
Body & Frame:
1. Any steel, Aluminum, or Fiberglass body.
2. Must have 4” ground clearance on body and frame.
3. Front windshield required. Lexan strongly recommended. No Plexiglas. Must have 4” white numbers and “MS” on top right corner of windshield.
4. Rear window permitted.
5. Must have 14” opening from door to roof.
6. Side windows no longer than 10”, measured at corner of door and roof rail.
7. Bumper measurement from ground to center of main bar will be minimum 16” – maximum 19”.
8. Nose piece optional.
9. Spoilers maximum 6” in height. May not exceed width of deck x 60”, 3 braces rear side only.
10. Mirrors and radios allowed.
1. May be stock or tubular frame.
2. Maximum wheelbase must be same as chassis used (1” tolerance). Wheel base determined by cross member used.
3. Must have stock front cross member.
1. Must have stock lower control arms and spindles.
2. Cars with upper control arms may be tubular.
3. Any one piece sway bar. Mounting optional.
4. Rear Suspension must maintain stock configuration. (Mustangs must have coil springs with 4 link trailing arms); (Pintos must have leaf springs). Non factory configuration or three (3) links must add 50 lbs.
1. Coil: Any coil spring that will fit into bucket/ must mount in stock location or lower control arm. Wedge bolts allowed.
2. Leaf: Stock length, main leaf for car. Sliders, lowering blocks, and wedge bolts allowed.
3. Strut: Strut cars may use tech approved coil-over adjusters if the chassis came stock with coil springs on struts.
4. May use tubular trailing arms. Must be stock length +-1/2”.
5. Pan hard bar on coil spring cars allowed. Mounting optional.
6. Any steel body shock allowed. Non rebuildable
7. 65” Maximum tread width, measured from true center of tires at spindle height. No tolerance.
1. Stock Location measured from back of block (where bell housing bolts up) to center line of rear axle tubes.
Mustang 89 ½” Pinto 88 1/2” Any engine set back further than said measurement MUST add 50 lbs.
Mustang 89 7/16” -87”
Pinto 88 7/16” – 86”
*Any engine set back further than said penalty weight measurement MUST move 25 lbs. of existing weight per inch of setback in front of flywheel.
2. Engine and body by same manufacturer. Year engine interchangeable.
3. No more than 2 valves per cylinder.
1. One 12 volt battery only.
2. Electronic ignition permitted, MSD type boxes permitted.
3. No coil packs or crank trigger fired ignitions.
4. Must have battery disconnect.
1. Stock for the type of engine used. Stock diameter valve for engine used.
2. NO porting, polishing, or clean up of any kind. May be milled.
3. Cylinder head boss may be cut down for short adjusters (2300).
4. May have 3 angle valve jobs. No more than 75 degrees and no deeper than ½” from valve seat.
5. No pocket porting under valve seat. No bowl cutting in the valve seat area.
6. Valve spring pocket may be cut .0100” deeper or may run long valves; stock head/valve diameter.
7. Stainless steel valves allowed.
8. Must have matching head & block. I.E. 2000 block/2000 head: 2300 block/2300 head: 2.2 block/2.2 head.
9. Valve retainers optional.
10. Cam towers may be strapped.
1. Any cam kit. NO rollers. May run adjustable cam sprocket.
1. Stock crank for motor used. Balancing on bottom of counterweight only. May grind on bottom of counterweight to balance only. No knife edge and no changing the counterweight profile. NO other grinding, polishing, or lightening of any kind.
2. Stoke stroke +/-.010.
1. Any 3 ring flat top piston. (Toyota may run dome pistons).
2. Pistons must be flush or below the deck of the block.
1. 4412 Holley or smaller Carburetor allowed.
2. Spacers/adapter maximum 1.65”, including gaskets.
3. May use air box.
4. Must pass track gauges.
1. Stock OEM intake as originally produced by manufacturer. NO porting, polishing, internal painting, or clean up of any kind. Modification allowed for 4412, where no adapter is available. (You cannot take advantage of this rule to improve airflow). The purpose of this rule is to only connect carburetor to intake.
1. Any steel rod permitted.
1. Stock diameter clutch and pressure plate.
2. May run Solid Center Disc.
3. Minimum 7 ½”.
1. Optional, must be stock diameter – 8lb. Minimum. Weighed with flywheel and crank bolts.
1. Standard or Automatic (Torque converter included).
2. Must be stock OEM and UNMODIFIED. Must be in working order with reverse and all forward gears.
1. Steel or Aluminum.
2. Must have drive shaft loop. Also driveshaft must be painted with and include car #.
1. Any stock passenger car rear-ends.
2. Must remain in stock location, centered in car, NO offset. May be locked.
3. NO quick changes, NO cambered rear-end. NO aluminum spools of Gold Tracks, NO lockers of any type.
1. Steering Box and Components must be stock and in stock location. (May run heim ends on Tire Rods).
1. Fuel Cell Mandatory. 12 Gal Maximum, with foam, must have check valve. 8” MINIMUM GROUND CLEARANCE and rear protection bar minimum 1 ¼” .095 bar, 2 straps minimum 1” width, surrounding the ENTIRE fuel cell. Fuel cells must be bolted. Sunoco Spec Fuel or PUMP FUEL ONLY with NO alcohol or additives allowed. Fuel must go from the fuel cell to the carburetor cannot pass through any performance enhancing “devices”. NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS.
1. May run disk brakes.
2. No aftermarket brake parts: (calipers, rotors, or drums).
3. No drilled rotors.
4. Any pedal, master cylinder proportioning valve set up.
5. Must have stock OEM 4 wheel working brakes and must work at all times.
1. 8” wide only. Steel Only
1. No chemical treatment of tire.
2. 13” tires only. No soaking or altering of tire in any manor allowed. Drivers soaking or altering tires will forfeit all purse and points for the event and all track points for the year. Driver must also pay a $1,000 fine prior to being allowed to compete at Speedway. Any illegal tire, in the judgment of Speedway Officials, will be confiscated.
1. Outboard shocks will be allowed.
1. The Speedway officials may inspect any car and/or equipment at anytime for compliance. All cars must have initial safety inspection each season before they race.
2. All required safety equipment and apparel must be in use while the car is on the race track.
a. Racing helmet with minimum of Snell 2010 rating. Neck brace recommended. Fire suit with SFI min. rating of 3.2 A/1. No holes or torn fire suits allowed. Fire resistant gloves, shoes, and socks must be worn at all times car is on track.
3. A minimum 4 point roll cage must be steel pipe or tubing, a minimum of 1 ½” (1.50) outside diameter with minimum .095 inch wall thickness. No square tubing or galvanized pipe allowed. NO exception!! Roll bar padding required around driver.
4. An engine kill switch must be mounted in the window net area and easily accessible by the driver and from the outside of the car. The switch must be clearly marked “Ignition switch” and show on and off positions.
5. All cars must have a fire extinguisher (minimum 2 lbs.) securely mounted within easy reach of driver. The mounting must be in such a way that the driver can quickly remove it from its mount. Wrapping duct tape around the extinguisher of any other material that will prohibit that easy removal of the extinguisher is not acceptable.
6. A single, quick release, 4 point harness (minimum 3 inch belts) dated 2013 or newer is required in all vehicles. All belts and installation shall be approved by the safety officials. Sternum straps are okay. All required belts must be in use at any time the car is in motion on the track. Racing harness must be attached to roll cage.
7. Window nets are required on the driver’s side of the car and must be securely mounted. Nets must latch at the top and be operational from inside and outside of the car. Drivers must be able to get out of either side of the car in case of emergency.
8. Aluminum racing seats mandatory.
9. Drive shaft must be painted white and include the car number. Drive shaft loop will be a 5” diameter steel loop, 1” wide and ¼” thick. It must be securely mounted to the frame 12” from the front universal. Must have one on rear drive shaft.
10. Battery shall be secured to frame of car and must be encase. The Lead ballast must be painted with car number and secured with one ½ inch bolt per 50 lbs. It is your responsibility to make sure your ballast stays in your car for everyone’s safety. Loose ballast on the track is not acceptable.
11. Throttle toe strap is mandatory. Linkage must have two (2) return springs.
12. Fuel Cells mandatory in all divisions:
a. Securely mounted behind driver and behind rear firewall. No rigid filler spouts shall pass through body. Fuel cell must be contained in an approved steel container. All fuel cells must have check valve in vent line.
b. Fuel cells must be a minimum of 8” off the ground and rear protection bar minimum 1 ¼” .095 bar, 2 straps minimum 1” width, surrounding the ENTIRE fuel cell. Fuel cells must have be bolted. NO RIVETS – NO SHEET METAL SCREWS.
13. All cars must have a front and rear tow hook ups. We are not responsible for damage to your car.
14. All cars must have a clear windshield that the driver can be able to see through.
15. All cars must have a radiator over flow can. Water is the only acceptable coolant.
16. All standard transmissions must have a scatter shield or protective shield approved by tech.
The track reserves the right to add weight at its discretion for the fairness of competition