TIckets Auburndale Speedway: Adult $18 | Seniors 55+ $15 | Kids (5-12) $5 (4 & Under Free) | Family Pk (2 adults 2 kids) $37
2023 MODIFIED MINI STOCK RULES
If these rules do not say you can do it then don’t do it! Be sure to check the General Rules. All interpretations by the track are final. You are responsible to know the track’s position on all rules. IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE!
1. Cars must weigh a minimum of 1 lb. per c.c. Weight for overbore will not be added.
2000 engine =2000 lbs. 2.2 engine = 2200 lbs. 2300 engine = 2300 lbs.
2. 55% Maximum left side weight with driver, after race (Zero tolerance).
3. Front Wheel Drive Cars may not have more than 58% front weight after race (Zero Tolerance).
4. No trucks or Vans.
5. Cars with stock floor pan, stock firewall, rear kick panels and K members being stock will get a 100-pound weight break.
Body & Frame:
1. Any steel, Aluminum, or Fiberglass body.
2. Must have 4” ground clearance on body and frame. No pulling up on the car.
3. Front windshield required. Lexan strongly recommended. No Plexiglas. Must have 4” white numbers and “MS” on the top right corner of the windshield.
4. Rear window permitted.
5. Must have 14” opening from door to roof.
6. Side windows no longer than 10”, measured at the corner of door and roof rail. Bodies may have 3″ rake maximum from A post at front door to rear deck of the quarter panel. Must be symmetrical front of door 11/2″, rear of door 11/2″.
7. Bumper measurement from ground to center of main bar will be minimum 16” – maximum 19”, also inside tread width of car front & rear.
8. Nose piece optional.
9. Spoilers maximum 6” in height. May not exceed width of deck x 60”, 3 braces rear side or front round braces.
10. Mirrors and radios allowed.
1. May be a stock or tubular frame.
2. Maximum wheelbase must be the same as chassis used (1” tolerance). Wheel base determined by cross member used.
3. Must have a stock front cross member.
1. Must have stock lower control arms and spindles. Pintos may use Mustang 2 or replacement.
2. Cars with upper control arms may be tubular, length optional.
3. Any one piece sway bar. Mounting optional.
4. Rear Suspension must maintain stock configuration. (Mustangs must have coil springs with 4 link trailing arms); (Pintos must have leaf springs). Non factory configuration or three (3) links must add 100 lbs.
1. Coil: Any coil spring that will fit into the bucket/ must mount in stock location or lower control arm. Wedge bolts allowed.
2. Leaf: Stock length, main leaf for car. Sliders, lowering blocks, and wedge bolts allowed.
3. Strut: Strut cars may use tech approved coil-over adjusters if the chassis came stock with coil springs on struts.
4. May use tubular trailing arms. Must be stock length +-1/2”.
5. Pan hard bar on coil spring cars allowed. Mounting optional.
6. Any steel body shock allowed. Non rebuildable
7. 65” Maximum tread width, measured from true center of tires at spindle height. No tolerance.
1. Stock Location measured from back of block (where bell housing bolts up) to center line of rear axle tubes.
Mustang 89 ½” Pinto 88 1/2” Any engine set back further than said measurement MUST add 50 lbs.
Mustang 89 7/16” -87”
Pinto 88 7/16” – 86”
*Any engine set back further than said penalty weight measurement MUST move 25 lbs. of existing weight per inch of setback in front of the flywheel.
2. Engine and body by the same manufacturer. Year engine interchangeable.
3. No more than 2 valves per cylinder.
1. One 12 volt battery only.
2. Electronic ignition permitted, MSD type boxes permitted.
3. No coil packs or crank trigger fired ignitions.
4. Must have battery disconnect.
1. Stock for the type of engine used. Stock diameter valve for engine used.
2. NO porting, polishing, or cleaning of any kind. May be milled.
3. Cylinder head boss may be cut down for short adjusters (2300).
4. May have 3 angle valve jobs. No more than 75 degrees and no deeper than ½” from the valve seat.
5. No pocket porting under the valve seat. No bowl cutting in the valve seat area.
6. Valve spring pocket may be cut .0100” deeper or may run long valves; stock head/valve diameter.
7. Stainless steel valves allowed.
8. Must have matching head & block. I.E. 2000 block/2000 head: 2300 block/2300 head: 2.2 block/2.2 head.
9. Valve retainers optional.
10. Cam towers may be strapped.
11. No “M” Heads
12. Beehive Springs Ok
1. Any cam kit. NO rollers. May run adjustable cam sprocket.
1. Stock crank for motor used. Balancing on the bottom of the counterweight only. May grind on the bottom of the counterweight to balance only. No knife edge and no changing the counterweight profile. NO other grinding, polishing, or lightening of any kind.
2. Stoke stroke +/-.010.
1. Any 3 ring flat top piston. (Toyota may run dome pistons).
2. Pistons must be flush or below the deck of the block.
1. 4412C or CT Holley 500 cfm or smaller Carburetor allowed. No Holley HP or XP 2 barrels.
2. Spacers/adapter maximum 1.65”, including gaskets.
3. May use an air box.
4. Must run stock style squirters, no air bleeds.
5 Must pass track gauges.
6. Carburetor bowl must face the front of the car.
1. Stock OEM intake was originally produced by the manufacturer. NO porting, polishing, internal painting, or clean up of any kind. Modification allowed for 4412, where no adapter is available. (You cannot take advantage of this rule to improve airflow). The purpose of this rule is to only connect the carburetor to intake.
2. No Ford Taurus intake manifolds.
1. Any steel rod permitted.
1. Optional, must be stock diameter – 8lb. Minimum. Weighed with flywheel and crank bolts.
2. Stock diameter clutch and pressure plate.
3. May run Solid Center Disc.
4. Minimum 7 ½”.
1. Standard transmission only.
2. Must be stock OEM and UNMODIFIED. Must be in working order with reverse and all 4 gears. 5th gear may be removed leaving shafts for gears, flush with case.
1. Steel or Aluminum.
2. Must have a drive shaft loop. Also driveshaft must be painted with and include car #.
1. Any stock passenger car rear-ends.
2. Must remain in stock location, centered in the car, NO offset. May be locked.
3. NO quick changes, NO cambered rear-end. NO aluminum spools of Gold Tracks, NO lockers of any type.
1. Steering Box and Components must be stock and in stock location. (May run heim ends on Tire Rods).
1. Fuel Cell Mandatory. 12 Gal Maximum, with foam, must have a check valve. 8” MINIMUM GROUND CLEARANCE and rear protection bar minimum 1 ¼” .095 bar, 2 straps minimum 1” width, surrounding the ENTIRE fuel cell. Fuel cells must be bolted. Sunoco Spec Fuel or PUMP FUEL ONLY with NO alcohol or additives allowed. Fuel must go from the fuel cell to the carburetor and cannot pass through any performance enhancing “devices”. NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS.
1. May run disc brakes.
2. No aftermarket brake parts: (calipers, rotors, or drums).
3. No drilled rotors.
4. Any pedal, master cylinder proportioning valve set up.
5. Must have stock OEM 4 wheel working brakes and must work at all times.
1. 8” wide only. Steel Only
1. No chemical treatment of tires.
2. 13” American Racer tires only. No soaking or altering of tire in any manner allowed. Drivers soaking or altering tires will forfeit all purses and points for the event and all track points for the year. Drivers must also pay a $1,000 fine prior to being allowed to compete at Speedway. Any illegal tire, in the judgment of Speedway Officials, will be confiscated.
1. No adjustable struts or shocks. No gas port or any kind allowed. Non rebuildable, no outboard shocks on strut cars. Any steel body shock or strut that falls in the rule above and has a retailed value of $175 each, may be claimed for $100 each. Must be paid to a tech official within 15 minutes of the completed race. That driver must have finished on the lead lap and in the top 10. Selling drivers may opt for $50 and swap. May buy 1 to 4, if swap same will be swapped of cars.
1. The Speedway officials may inspect any car and/or equipment at any time for compliance. All cars must have an initial safety inspection each season before they race.
2. All required safety equipment and apparel must be in use while the car is on the race track.
3. Racing helmet with minimum of Snell 2015 rating. Neck brace recommended. Fire suit with SFI min. rating of 3.2 A/1. No holes or torn fire suits allowed. Fire resistant gloves, shoes, and socks must be worn at all times when the car is on track.
4. A minimum 4 point roll cage must be steel pipe or tubing, a minimum of 1 ½” (1.50) outside diameter with minimum .095 inch wall thickness. No square tubing or galvanized pipe allowed. NO exception!! Roll bar padding required around the driver.
5. An engine kill switch must be mounted in the window net area and easily accessible by the driver and from the outside of the car. The switch must be clearly marked “Ignition switch” and show on and off positions.
6. All cars must have a fire extinguisher (minimum 2 lbs.) securely mounted within easy reach of the driver. The mounting must be in such a way that the driver can quickly remove it from its mount. Wrapping duct tape around the extinguisher of any other material that will prohibit that easy removal of the extinguisher is not acceptable.
7. A single, quick release, 4 point harness (minimum 2″ inch belts) no older than SFI label permits. All belts and installation shall be approved by the safety officials. Sternum straps are okay. All required belts must be in use at any time the car is in motion on the track. Racing harness must be attached to the roll cage.
8. Window nets are required on the driver’s side of the car and must be securely mounted. Nets must latch at the top and be operational from inside and outside of the car. Drivers must be able to get out of either side of the car in case of emergency.
9. Aluminum racing seats are mandatory.
10. Drive shaft must be painted white and include the car number. Drive shaft loop will be a 5” diameter steel loop, 1” wide and ¼” thick. It must be securely mounted to the frame 12” from the front universal. Must have one on the rear drive shaft.
11. Battery shall be secured to the frame of the car and must be encased. The Lead ballast must be painted with car number and secured with 2-½ inch bolts per 50 lbs. It is your responsibility to make sure your ballast stays in your car for everyone’s safety. Loose ballast on the track is not acceptable.
12. Throttle toe strap is mandatory. Linkage must have two (2) return springs.
13. Fuel Cells mandatory:
A. Securely mounted behind the driver and behind the rear firewall. No rigid filler spouts shall pass through the body. Fuel cells must be contained in an approved steel container. All fuel cells must have a check valve in the vent line.
B. Fuel cells must be a minimum of 8” off the ground and rear protection bar minimum 1 ¼” .095 bar, 2 straps minimum 1” width, surrounding the ENTIRE fuel cell. Fuel cells must be bolted. NO RIVETS – NO SHEET METAL SCREWS.
14. All cars must have a front and rear tow hook ups. We are not responsible for damage to your car.
15. All cars must have a clear windshield that the driver can be able to see through.
16. All cars must have a radiator overflow can. Water is the only acceptable coolant.
17. All standard transmissions must have a scatter shield or protective shield approved by tech.
The track reserves the right to add weight at its discretion for the fairness of competition
Fuel injection cars are being considered and evaluated for the future.