2023 MINI STOCK RULES
1. Each car must have a Hayes, Motors or Chilton’s repair manual with them at all times in tech.
2. Any 4-cyl car or truck allowed. VIN # must be attached to the car and a data link connector must be available. Vtech & Ecotec allowed – Vtech solenoid must be disconnected. Nissan must disconnect the variable timing wire.
3. Engine must be for a year/model. No rotary motors. If changing from auto to manual transmission all components for transmission must be swapped also. No Turbo or HP Vehicles or engines. Compression ratio for engine manual + .2% for carbon / rebuild.
4. All parts must remain strictly stock, In-takes, carburetors, exhaust manifolds, distributors, and every item on your car.
5. NEW Weights: NO TOLERANCE ON WEIGHTS!!
A. Engine size under 2.0 = 1900 lbs
B. Engine size 2.0 = 2200 lbs
C. VTECH/Ecotech = 2200 lbs
D. Dodge 2.2 = 2200 lbs
E. Cars with dual cams or RT cylinder head and/or RT computer = 2300 lbs
F. Engine size 2.3 and over = 2350 lbs
6. NEW Percentage (Left Side Max):
A.Dodge Neon = 53%
B. VTECH/Ecotech/Nissan spec V = 53%
C. Dodge 2.2 = 55%
D. All others = 55%
7. Ok to lock the rear end or front end. Must be welded only.
8. Non computerized cars may run 350 or 500 cfm Holley carburetors. May use an aftermarket adapter plate. Spacer/adapter maximum 1.65”, including gaskets. Carburetor bowl must face the front of the car.
9. Dodge 2.2 may cut/deck cylinder head and cam lift cannot be over .500. Hydraulic lifters only.
10. Cars must remain year/model on components associated with that manufacturer. Engine CC, WEIGHT AND LEFT SIDE PERCENTAGE must be displayed on the right side of hood in 2” size.
11. No lead may be mounted in front of the driver.
12. Access hole must be installed to view the clutch area and back of the flywheel.
13. Wheel base – Maximum allowable difference from side to side is 1 inch.
14. Aluminum pulley/balancer okay.
1.May replace any corroded metal with 22 gauge or thicker sheet metal for door skins, fenders, and quarter panels. Must look like an actual car – no slab sides. Door must round down and mount to the rocker like a factory door. No filler panels. All fabricated quarter panels must mount flush where the sail panel meets the side of the quarter panel with no lip or shelf. (Must keep 6” of top quarter panels stock).
All side and rear glass must be removed.
1. Remove all burnable items that unbolts, no cutting.
2. No gutting, except for doors, hood, and trunk lid. Doors must be welded closed.
Must use a Racing Seat and belts can be no older than 3 years.
1. Driver’s side window net is mandatory.
2. DOORS / Exterior
3.Doors must be securely closed and welded shut. May reskin doors and quarters for appearance.
Must be stock in rating, coil size diameter, height as per manufacture specs and un-altered as determined by the tech official. NO bump stops. Even factory ones must be removed.
1. 4 point cage – 1 ¾ tubing w/095 wall thickness, door bars must extend all the way to the driver’s door. Can plate door bars.
2. May install front support bars for safety, must turn down 6 inches past the motor mount area with two connecting points.
3. May install rear bars down to rear struts and to rear subframe with two connecting points. No gutting except for door bars.
4. Doors must be welded shut. Bars may support strut towers.
5. Front frame horns/rails may be replaced for crash damage with 2×2 tubing from strut towers forward.
Stock or track approved pipe bumpers with turn ends allowed.
1. Track approved tires and wheel size 13” x 7” steel racing wheels .No pop-off or air bleeders.
2. Camber will be checked with level 1&1/2” max on camber at any wheel without driver. For DOT tires 13 or 14″ factory stock wheels, all the same off set with max or 31/2″ backspacing.
3. Tires DOT options with a tread wear rating of 200 or higher only !
Water only, IF CAUGHT USING ANTI-FREEZE YOU WILL RECEIVE A $50.00 FINE.
Fuel cell is optional but highly recommended and Fuel cell/tank and battery must have extra secure straps.
Regular pump fuel only, No racing gas, E-85 or avgas allowed. No additives or cooling devices allowed.
Fire extinguisher with gauge mandatory and Fire suit, gloves and helmet with neck collar mandatory. Shoes are recommended.
1. Cars that were manufactured with an Automatic Transmission may be converted to a Manual Transmission.
2. All components from the manual transmission conversion must be used (cable, mounts, gear shift, pedals, etc.).
3. Mounting tabs may be manufactured by must be in Stock (OEM) location with stock mounts!
4. Front mount bar is the only optional part approved for use.
5. No light weight or custom parts in transmission.
6. Must run stock steel flywheel and clutch – no racing components allowed. No aluminum flywheels allowed. No grinding or resurfacing on the flywheel.
7. Welded differentials okay.
COMPUTER CLAIMING RULES:
In an effort to equalize competition we will revise the computer claiming rule to as follows:
1. Claiming the computer within the same manufacturer (must be interchangeable between generations and car to car) will be $50.00 and exchange.
2. Claiming the computer outside the manufacturer or generation of car will be an outright buy at $200.00 no exchange.
3. Auburndale Speedway reserves the right to claim or swap any computer in competition that night.
4. Driver or registered car owner competing in that night’s events are the only ones eligible to file a claim.
5. Claim must be done in writing with cash and presented to the head tech official in charge within 15 minutes. No other official may accept a filed claim.
6. Claiming driver must be on the lead lap to file a claim.
7. You can only file a claim on a car finishing ahead of you.
8. The driver of the car being claimed will be the sole spokesperson of record and the first acceptance or refusal to sell in binding.
9. Buddy claims may result in all parties being disqualified and/or suspended and loss of points.
10. Competitor will surrender his/her computer for the above said fees or be disqualified for the night, lose points for that event, and start in the rear for the next two races. The second time the competitor refuses to surrender their computer they will be disqualified for that night, lose all points for that event, and start in the rear for the next 3 race events that he/she competes upon their return. The third time the competitor refuses to surrender their computer they will be disqualified for the night, lose all points for that event, and suspended for 1 months.
NOTE: Please remember it is your responsibility to prove your parts are stock (OEM) for your car.
See General Rules