Harvest Meat Market Family Savings Night
March 03, 2018
Gates Open: 5 p.m.
Start Time: 7 p.m.
Harvest Meat Markets Family Savings Night !
$10 Grandstand admission for everyone 13 & up !
Where’s The Beef V-8 Bomber 40 plus…..
Street-stocks, Q Mini-stocks, Mini-cups & Fig 8
New Pure Stock Class Debut
$1 Hotdogs, Popcorn & Small Fountain Drinks !
We no longer accept credit cards, there is an ATM on site for your use, Thank you
Seniors 55+: $10
Child: 5-12 $5Family 4 Pack NA for this event
Family 4 Pack – 2 Adults and 2 Kids (5-12)
2018 Pro Truck Rules – Auburndale, New Smyrna Speedway
*Speedway Officials shall be empowered to permit minor deviations from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from such altercation of specifications.
*Speedway reserves the right to update, modify, and/or delete rules at any time deemed necessary to insure safety, fair competition or any other reason that may be appropriate.
*The word STOCK used within this set of rules means as originally produced by the manufacturer for that make/model/year of car with no altering or modifications. Stock replacement parts ok but must be same dimensions, weight, and/or volume as OEM the part. Determination of whether an aftermarket part is legal will be the tech inspector’s decision.
*NO CARBON FIBER, TUNGSTON OR TITANIUM PERMITTED ANYWHERE ON CAR. NO BUMP STOPS, COIL BINDING, BUMP SPRINGS OR CHASSIS LIMITERS. NO TRACTION CONTROL DEVICE(S) OF ANY KIND.
602, 603 Crate & M6007S347JR Motors with Factory or Track Seals 2800 lb with 57% left side.
305 and 302 Built Motors and Unsealed Crate motors 2900 lb with 57% left side.
*** These weights can be adjusted at the tracks discretion to equalize the competition, with verbal then written notice.
1. Only GM Metric frame 1978-1987 may be used with a 6” minimum ride height on chassis. Frame can be X”d.
2. Minimum 108” wheelbase and be the same measurement on both sides, 1⁄2 “tolerance.
3. Maximum Tread Width 64” front and rear (62” using Referee).
4. Chassis must remain stock unless otherwise specifically noted in rules.
5. Frame may be fabricated from 6” forward of the centerline of the rear axle and from front sway bar forward.
6. Cross member must remain stock and in stock location, it may be notched for oil pan clearance only and must be boxed with 1/8-inch steel. If yours had been cut you must add square tube metal to make it same height, width and depth as a stock one.
7. All pick up points must remain stock in stock locations. Front Lower arms and rear trailing arms. No modifications to arms, holes, no drilling and lightening allowed.
1. Front suspension components must remain stock, unless otherwise noted in another rule.
2. Heavy-duty steel or aluminum aftermarket hubs & rotors are required on the right front wheel.
3. Springs must mount in stock location. Top of frame may be changed to add wedge bolts or to allow for spring removal.
4. Shocks must be mounted directly to the lower A-arm.
5. Pitman arm and steering arm may be changed, aftermarket center link is permitted.
6. Stock inner tie rod, Outer tie rod may be a heim joint.
7. Lower control arms must be stock. Both must be in stock location.
8. Upper and Lower ball joints may be any bolt on or screw in type ball joints.
9. Coil spring rubber inserts are permitted, no leaf springs or torsion bars permitted.
10. Steel, poly or mono-ball bushings ok, no offset or eccentric bushings.
11. Sway bar must be 1-piece stock 1 3/8” maximum diameter. No rear Pan-hard or sway bars.
1. Stock OEM steering box in stock location.
2. Spindles, bearings and hubs, Stock HD aftermarket hubs and rotors ok. Spindle savers are recommended. Steering arms must be same length on right and left.
3. Distance between the centers of the bolts on the upper arms should be no less than 10 1⁄4 “. Must use stock OEM factory control arms, bushings at both the front and rear of the trailing arms must be original rubber or polyurethane.
4. Rear lower trailing arms must be factory OEM and remain stock with no modifications other than may add strap every 1″ for strength, but cannot be made solid with bushings at both front and rear of the trailing arms with stock style, rubber or polyurethane.
5. Rear springs must mount on top of axle tube and must be standard 5”diameter rear springs. Shocks mount in stock location.
1. Only 1 steel body non-adjustable shock per wheel permitted. Adjustable shafts, base valves and canisters are not permitted.
2. Shocks may have Schrader Valves and internal parts must remain as purchased with a Maximum cost of $225.00 per shock
3. Internal rebuild parts must remain as purchased in that shock not to exceed the retail value.
4. Shocks can be claimed for $225.00 each by track or competitor. Refusal will be a DQ, loss of money, points and a $200.00 fine.
1. Approved Truck body Manufacturers are: AR Bodies, Speedway Racing Bodies, Lightning Light and Five-Star. May make own aluminum body pieces, NO carbon fiber and must be approved by Track, and fit templates.
2. Only approved bodies are: 1997 – 2009 Chevy C-10/C1500 Silverado, 1997 – 2009 Ford F150, 1997 – 2009 Dodge Ram, 2004-2009 Toyota. No new body designs are or will be approved at this time from any manufacturers. (Please don’t assume)
3. Body must be centered of the frame with wheels in center of wheel wells with 2” tolerance. All body parts must be attached firmly to cage or frame and is subject to approval. Body ground clearance is a minimum of 4 inches measured anywhere.
4. All body support brackets must be solid and located inside the body structure.
5. Nose Width is 81” max. Front air dams must maintain their original configuration.
6. Maximum rake for roof is 1”. Front windshield brace is mandatory, 35-degree angle on windshield 1-degree tolerance.
7. Minimum side window opening must be at least 16” and may have 1/8” lexan vents only, 9” high, 12” length max
8. Front and Rear windows must be full six 1/8” lexan.
9. Hoods to remain stock with the following a opening of 2.5” x 20” cut in the rear of the hood and centered behind air filter and a 1.5” x 1.5” X 20” heat deflector may be installed on the fire wall at this opening.
14. Fiberglass, sheet metal or aluminum rear deck lids flush with quarter panels are mandatory must be able to open for technical inspections. Rear deck height maximum is 40 inches
15. No Lexan or metal air deflectors on rear deck, or attached to rear down bars.
16. 6” x 60” clear solid rear spoiler is mandatory with a 55 Degree Minimum angle with approved braces on back side.
17. Unmodified Stock rear bumper cover is mandatory and must be complete.
1. Vehicle interior must be complete and shield driver from the ground, engine compartment and fuel cell area.
2. Drivers floor must be steel and the rest of the compartment can be from steel or aluminum, but must be fully enclosed and extend from left to right side of truck.
3. Truck must have a rear firewall of steel to separate driver from fuel tank. Firewall may be welded, riveted or bolted.
4. May have installed dash panels, no digital gauges.
1. Rear differential housing must be stock steel 7.5” – 10 bolt GM or 9” Ford housing. All rear-end parts must be steel and no light weight parts and must have a 1” inspection hole in cover.
2. Brackets for mounting trailing arms must be in stock location with stock mounts.
3. Rear spring perch must remain on the top of the axle tube.
4. Ring gear and pinion must be stock and mount directly in housing.
5. Only stock ring and pinion, off the shelf available gears allowed. No custom ground or lightened gears allowed. GM 273-456 gears, Ford 300-456 gears. Welded spider gears or full steel spools with stock steel/cast carrier will only be allowed.
6. Only solid steel axles will be allowed.
Tires and Wheels:
1. Track approved tires only. No soaking or altering of tire in any manor allowed. Drivers soaking or altering tires will forfeit all purse and points for the event and all track points for the year. Driver must also pay a $1,000 fine prior to being allowed to compete at Speedway. Any illegal tire, in the judgment of Speedway Officials, will be confiscated.
2. 8” steel racing wheels with any offset and no wheel weights or bleeders allowed. Any safety hub with 5/8” wheel studs only.
1. Four wheel disc brakes must be in full working condition with any OEM appearing single piston caliper only.
2. Only cast iron or steel rotors allowed.
1. Only GM Turbo 350 and Ford C4 or C6 automatic transmissions allowed with following exceptions. No drilling or lightening on the transmission or interior parts except the following items for oiling purposes. Front Planetary Reaction Gear per spec – see tech for spec sheet. Sun shell cover (must be a solid stock type) may be drilled at back per spec – see tech for spec sheet.
2. Must have all forward and reverse gears working. No modifications.
3. GM Turbo 350 may use 2.75 low gear – 1.57 second gear option and with no turbo 200/250 parts used in 350 transmissions.
4. No aluminum or billet parts allowed in transmission.
5. Torque convertor must be minimum diameter of 10” and working.
6. Transmission coolers with fans allowed and all cooling lines must be steel braided with screw on fittings.
7. Safety Bell Housing and/or flex plate shield ok.
8. Solid output shafts only, no gun drilled or hollowed shafts allowed.
9. JW Transmissions, TCI Transmissions or others allowed as long as they meet these rules.
10. Standard steel or aluminum 3-speed or 4-speed OEM or OEM style synchronized manual transmissions must have helical gears only. No straight-cut gears, magnesium or gun-drilled main shafts permitted. Two lever shifter or H-pattern shifter only. No Rankin-type or cluster-disconnect transmissions or 2-speed transmission will be permitted.
11. No internal clutch-type transmissions allowed and must have external clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel assembly.
12. Transmission must have all forward gears and one (1) working reverse gear.
13 No overdrive or under driven transmissions permitted. High gear must be 1 to 1 and no other gear may have a ratio higher than 1.20 to 1.
1. Only Steel driveshaft and must be painted white with truck number on it with 2 drive-shaft safety loops mandatory.
Clutch & Flywheel:
1. Standard OEM or OEM-type and size clutch, steel pressure plate, steel flywheel, and throw-out bearing permitted.
2. No Light Weight Parts: 10,000 RPM etc. Stock Clutch minimum 10” Solid hub clutch and must have pad or full circle.
3. Fly wheel must weigh minimum of 14 pounds.
4. Standard transmission must use shatter proof bell housing with 2” hole in bell housing for inspection.
Engines: Vacuum Rules
Each truck must have a vacuum port and fitting to check
1. 603 Crate – 18 Minimum @ 950 rpm
2. 602 Crate – 18 Minimum @ 950 rpm
3.305 Chevy – Check Cam Lift – 474-510
4. 347Jr Ford – 19 Minimum @ 950 rpm
5. 351 Ford – 13 Minimum @ 950 rpm
6. Anything below these vacuums is wrong.
1. Stock cast iron production blocks only. Gm 305, Ford 302. No altering of lifter bore and wet sump engines only.
2. May be studded in mains only, no aftermarket caps, may be two or four bolt if that was available.
3. Maximum of .060 + .010 wear, no sleeve down blocks. Blocks must maintain OEM type bearings in the main and cam journals.
4. All factory casting numbers must remain may add oil screens and paint block.
5. Minimum deck height on all is .000.
6. Any questions/concerns regarding the legality of internal parts should be directed to the tech inspector, prior to racing.
Track reserves the right to use weight to penalize violations, equal competition and will do so at their discretion.
For all brands NON-CRATE
Only factory production, cast iron heads that are OEM for the engine type being used and that produces the factory specified volumes, are permitted. Stainless steel valves and three angle valve jobs are allowed.
1. Minimum combustion chamber volumes will be Chevy 52cc and Ford 52cc with no tolerance.
2. No porting, port matching, excessive decking beyond the chamber minimum volume, angle milling, chamber polishing, or grinding allowed.
5. Any type guide material may be used but valve guides must be in the stock factory location, angle and spacing only.
6. Valve springs must be of the stock type with No triple, conical, beehives, or progressive springs allowed.
7. Valve stems must be stock height only.
8. Retainers must be steel or chrome-molly steel only. Valve spring retainers must be stock type only. Plus, or minus height retainers are allowed.
9. Valve spring keepers must be stock type only. Seven or ten degree locks may be used. No spring cups.
10. All heads must have visible and unaltered casting numbers.
Any stock 305 head # 12558059, #12529180 or Engine quest CH305b allowed. Part number 1023906 head not permitted.
1. 52 cc minimum
2. Stock valve 1.84 intake/1.50 exhaust.
3. No deburring, polishing or hand blending permitted.
4. Studs may be pinned or screw in studs and guide plates allowed.
5. 1.5 roller rockers ok.
1. Ford GT-40, GTP 40 heads or 302 heads permitted with 52cc minimum.
2. Stock valve 1.84 intake/1.50 exhaust. Stainless steel replacement valves permitted.
4. No deburring, polishing or hand blending permitted.
5. Studs may be pinned or screw in studs and guide plates and 1.6 roller rockers allowed.
1. Chevy # 7101, 7116, 2116 / Ford must use OEM intake for block used.
2. No porting, polishing, milling or coatings in runners.
3. No laser treating or micro holes allowed in intake.
1. OEM or OEM appearing after-market steel rods and length Chevrolet 5.700, Ford 5.090 only.
2. No lightening, beam polishing, or exterior machine work allowed on rods.
1. Any Flat top or dished top pistons allowed no lightweight pins.
2. Wrist pin must remain in OEM position.
1. Only OEM or stock replacement Chevy and Ford cast iron or steel crankshafts allowed with OEM stroke.
2. No O.D. turning, lightening, knife edging or weight polishing will be allowed, except for “Mallory Metal”, or minimal metal removal for balancing.
3. Any type harmonic dampener or flywheel allowed and SFI approved units recommended.
4. Minimum weights- Ford 32lbs and Chevy 48lbs.
1. Flat tappet or hydraulic cam with maximum lifts of .474/.510 duration engine builders optional.
2. Lifters stock size hydraulic, anti-pump up or solid allowed.
3. No lightweight push rods allowed. No rev kits, offset rocker arms, roller lifters, light weight lifters, coated lifters, mushroom lifters, or oversize lifters are permitted.
4. Stock or roller timing chains but no gear to gear or belt drives allowed.
GM 602 with Holley 650 HP 4150-80541 allowed but totally by the GM manual with a Maximum 9.6:1 compression.
GM 603 with Holley 500 CFM old style 4412 only but must follow the Gm Manual unless listed below.
603 OPTIONS ONLY:
1. Optional valve springs stock diameter, no double springs max 130 lbs. Comp # 941 is allowed.
2. Self-aligning Stamp Rollers or 1.5 Roller rockers only.
3. Maximum 10.3:1 COMPRESSION RATIO.
4. MAX overbore .030 + .010.
1. This engine must follow the Ford Racing Technical Manual only.
2. Maximum of 10.2:1 compression ratio
1. May use m6513-bh bearings.
2. Intake to be used must be intake that came with motor only.
3. 52cc minimum on heads
4. Must maintain 10.2:1 compression ratio
5. Due to several cam combo’s these are the numbers that are legal. M6250-e303, m6250-x303 and m6250-z3003.
6. Minimum deck height .014
7. Refer to Ford Performance Manual for any other details.
8. Max overbore .030 + .010 for wear
All engines must have an inspection plug w/plug (minimum 1″) on left front of oil pan.
1. Carburetor- Unaltered Holley old style 4412, 500 CFM gauge legal with a maximum 1.065 spacer/adapter between intake and carburetor and choke horn may be removed.
2. 602 Crate can run a Holley 650 HP 4150-80541 gauge legal four barrel. No alterations or modifications, with a maximum 1.065 spacer/seal between intake and carburetor.
1. A round un-altered air cleaner element with a maximum diameter of fourteen (14) inches with a maximum height of four (4) inches is required. All air must be filtered thru this filter and No duct work added to air cleaner.
1. Fuel pump-stock mounted mechanical pump only.
2. The fuel cell must be a magnetic steel container made from no less than 22-gauge magnetic steel.
3. The use of ice, wet or dry, for the purpose of cooling the engine, air cleaner, or fuel system is not allowed.
4. Maximum fuel cell capacity is 22 gallons and must maintain a minimum ground clearance of 8-inches.
5. Track Sunoco Spec fuel or equivalent with No fuel additives. Track Officials reserves the right to test the fuel at any time.
6. OBERG Fuel Valve # SV-0828 or SRI # FFF-FSV Mandatory.
1. Stock type water pump, no electric with Recommended to have overflow hose mounted to right corner of windshield.
2. Water wetter ok, no anti-freeze may be used.
1. Headers optional with a maximum diameter of 3” collectors and 3” exhaust pipes the rest of the way out.
2. All exhaust system must exit past the driver’s compartment. The minimum exhaust system ground clearance is 3 inches.
1. Must be centered between frame rails, 1” tolerance.
2. Crankshaft height is 12” from center of the crank to the ground. Engine placement is measured from the spark plug (closet to the radiator) centerline to an imaginary line projected between the left and right upper a arm ball joint as follows below:
A. All Chevrolets: 4 inches on the driver’s side forward of the ball joint.
B. Fords 1.75 inches on passenger side forward of ball joint.
1. MSD box with chip capability mandatory at a minimum or highly recommended FAST Ignition part # 6000-6701 only (Will be Mandatory in 2019) as produced on tray from Crane/FAST. Mounted on right side of truck dials pointed out the passenger side on original plate. The mag positive & negative shall be a maximum length of 62 inches. Must remain uncut or spliced and on through dash in clear view. Maximum RPM’s will be Crates 6300 and Built 7000.
2. Battery – Single Battery 12 volt system only. A battery disconnect switch is mandatory and must be easily accessible to the safety crew and driver.
Driver Safety Rules:
1. You must have proper rated 2010 or newer Snell approved helmet.
2. A type of head and neck restraint is mandatory.
3. Complete fire-suit, gloves, and shoes are mandatory in good condition.
4. Driver’s window net must have quick release, with latch at top left.
5. Commercially made aluminum racing seats with rubber pads mandatory.
6. Safety Harness 5-point minimum must be no older than 5 years old and be in good shape.
7. Proper resilient padding for roll bar use must be installed on roll cage around driver.
8. Steering Wheel must be padded.
9. Fully Charged fire extinguisher mandatory. On Board fire system is highly recommended.
10. Truck Safety Rules:
1. Roll cages must be built of 1 ¾ “.095 thickness tubing minimum.
2. Cages must be attached properly in at least 8 spots on the chassis.
3. Minimum of 4 door bars on the left side, plated with 1/8-inch steel.
4. All roll bars around driver must be padded.
5. All weight added on truck must be bolted in with minimum ½ bolts, with locking nuts. There is a minimum of two bolts per 50 pounds of weight. Minimum 5 lb blocks. Lead only
6. All weights must be painted white, and have truck number on them. No weights allowed inside the driver compartment.
1. You must be in top 10 and on lead lap to protest and be filed within 10 minutes of checker flag and must be specific.
2. Must be made in writing specifying the rule(s) considered to have been violated.
3. All protest fees must be paid in cash. P&G, Carburetor inspection $75, Whistler check $150 Track retains $50; Top end tear down $800, Track retains $150. Scope check of the crank area $150 Track retains $50. Complete Motor Tear down $1,000, Track retains $300.
4. Only the protested truck’s owner or driver plus two crew members, the protesting driver or owner who competed in the race, 1 crew member and Track officials in the tech area for the protest tech. Procedure or the specific rule they are protesting.
5. Visual protests are to be honored any time before the race and does not have to be in written form, but need to be brought to tech or Track official. The infraction must be either corrected or tech may use a weight penalty for that race if not able to fix that day. Amount of weight is at the Tech Official’s discretion.
6. Excessive or spite protesting will not be tolerated and can result in disqualification, loss of points and possible disqualification.
7. Do not remove or alter any casting or Truck part numbers.
8. Tech reserves the right to check any truck in the field at any time, in any finishing order if he chooses to. They must conform to rules, or face disqualification. Protest or tech tear down refusal: (includes engine, drive train etc.)
9. Any truck owner/driver refusing any protest or tear down for any reason will lose all money, points, awards, trophies earned for that race date.
10. The next race that truck will be inspected after race regardless of where it finishes.
In the event of disqualification, the driver will not receive any money or points for that race and must start last at next race.
Please be sure you have read and understand all these rules, if you do not please be sure to ask a Track Official for clarification. Not understanding the rules is not an excuse to break them. The word stock, used within the rules, means as originally produced by the manufacturer for that make/model/ and/or year of the truck. It is stock with no altering or modifications. Aftermarket parts must be same dimensions, weight, and/or volume as the OEM part. Determination of whether anything is legal will be the tech and Track Officials decision. No Carbon Fiber r Titanium permitted anywhere in the truck. No Traction control devices of any kind allowed. If it does not say you can do it, you probably can’t. Talk to the Tech Inspector if you have any questions. Do not assume anything. These weights can be adjusted at the Tech Inspector and Track Management’s discretion to equalize the competition, with notice
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM THE PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended entirely as a guide for the conduct of the sport and in no way guarantee against injury or death to any participant, spectator or official. The Tech Inspector shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in their opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATIONS OR DEVIATIONS. Any Interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials and is final and binding. On occasion when situations arise that are not covered by written rules herein, special rulings may be put into effect by the track officials. Once such rulings are acted upon, they may become an act of policy and will be added to the existing rules of procedures.